design thinking initiatives for a better urban life
We keep on working to realize a real event in Tottubella. This event will be at the end of June, and in order to do that we are still building our network of participants.
We built a new page on FB expanding our contacts and also to external people. We also kept the FB profile in order to have two levels of communications.
Yesterday we have been to the local “Mostra Mercato” in Tottubella, and chatting with the event organizer we realize the common aim we have. So we decided to work together, and tomorrow we will have a meeting again in Tottubella in order to discuss all the points we could share and in which way their event and their process need to be implemented and improved.
They seemed to be very open to discussion and new ideas. So they started to introduce us to other key-people who attended the event yesterday, who are really oriented in doing a free-exchange.
So far we collected the following key-people:
– Young people from Tottubella – The great part who really deserves this new process – we have several experts with specific skills or products;
– “MostraMercato” organizer – They already know how to organize an event in Tottubella, and they already have all necessary contacts with municipality – They already presents our project to the politicians who showed a good interest;
– Small producers who supports our strategy of free-exchange – (at least 3. next attendants waited for this next tuesday);
– the Priest in Tottubella – key-person for connection with families;
– AlfaUno Association – voluntary Association in Tottubella who works in the real society helping citizens – They showed us a very good help spirit and good connection with local press and media;
– Group of artists from all over Sardinia – They accepted to attend the next event without be payed – Still in process terms of exchange;
– Lollove – Online press focused on new developing process in Sardinia, art, architecture, design – We will have an article;
Last progress can be visualized in francesca tocco profile
My work can be visualized on Francesca Tocco’s post
Studying the general strategy we get into a new part of the project.
Our challenge is to create an inverse process where you can start a cooperative without any money.
In the Nurra area people produce their own fruits and vegetables and often they produce a little surplus of its. Thus, our market is conceived for unemployed people and hobby farmers that want to develop a new social economy based on free exchange and direct purchase. This market has few rules in order to allow people to take part of it: so if you want you can buy something or exchange it offering one of your skills.
The strategy is divided in 3 steps.
The first one starts from the resources (both human and natural). The human resources are represented by people (age 20-35) from different small villages, while the natural resources are fruits, vegetables and wine typical of this area of Sardinia.
As designers,we try to organize this existing resources through a local market system where people can sell or exchange the products and their own skills. Through the Facebook page we develop a network of people that helped us to create the brand: Meet-ing Marchà. Involving artists , distributing flyer we promote our test event in order to check if this system can really work and also for the future events.
In the second step the market made in Tottubella start circulate and involving more people from the other small villages, creating an hobby farmers consortium and involving a network of G.A.S. (ethical purchasing groups) of close cities (Sassari, Alghero, Porto Torres).
In the third step the Meet-ing Marchà will expand itself more and more and the producers will need some funds to develop their production because of an increasing demand in order to became a professional farmer.
Now we are planning the next meeting.