design thinking initiatives for a better urban life
Asking to several groups of citizens we realized they don’t completly agree with our idea of “barter”, even if they told us the opposite at the begining.
They showed us they were available, but when we asked for a completely participation they did a step off.
Also the association who was involved in that with a strong part on the process were unsure about the event. They gave us two reasons:
- 1st has been the very shirt time we had, but it was something we could completely fix with a lot of work;
- 2nd is the very strong and hard situations and relationships they have in Tottubella. They told us they tried a lot and hard to involve people over there and work with them in several project but at the end they were lazy and in bad relationships and not able to cooperate and work together. In some case they even blew the whistle on each other just for a cleaning session of the area and because some citizens decided to build up a small house for a statue at the entrance of the village.
According to this situation we decided to do a step back too and to not being involved in this legal stuff.
We had a new plan for our project is just under construction!!
Our team is turning bigger and bigger!! We need more space! Thus we asked an association who is actually managing the old-cinema in Tottubella if it’s possible to use the big room for our meetings and they answered we can go there just sending a fixed calendar.
Now we have an offical place for two days a week till the event!!
We keep on working to realize a real event in Tottubella. This event will be at the end of June, and in order to do that we are still building our network of participants.
We built a new page on FB expanding our contacts and also to external people. We also kept the FB profile in order to have two levels of communications.
Yesterday we have been to the local “Mostra Mercato” in Tottubella, and chatting with the event organizer we realize the common aim we have. So we decided to work together, and tomorrow we will have a meeting again in Tottubella in order to discuss all the points we could share and in which way their event and their process need to be implemented and improved.
They seemed to be very open to discussion and new ideas. So they started to introduce us to other key-people who attended the event yesterday, who are really oriented in doing a free-exchange.
So far we collected the following key-people:
– Young people from Tottubella – The great part who really deserves this new process – we have several experts with specific skills or products;
– “MostraMercato” organizer – They already know how to organize an event in Tottubella, and they already have all necessary contacts with municipality – They already presents our project to the politicians who showed a good interest;
– Small producers who supports our strategy of free-exchange – (at least 3. next attendants waited for this next tuesday);
– the Priest in Tottubella – key-person for connection with families;
– AlfaUno Association – voluntary Association in Tottubella who works in the real society helping citizens – They showed us a very good help spirit and good connection with local press and media;
– Group of artists from all over Sardinia – They accepted to attend the next event without be payed – Still in process terms of exchange;
– Lollove – Online press focused on new developing process in Sardinia, art, architecture, design – We will have an article;
Our new brand zandara anna maria
Our project has a name and a logo!!
Here it is!!! It comes out from a words-game between english and Sardinian language meaning “Meet in Market“. Where “meeting” becomes “Meet-in” and “market” becomes “Marchaddu” (in Sardinian language) and then a short versione as “Marchà” —> MEET-IN MARCHÀ
Let’s start to share it and make it working!!